The Drought Relief from Electricity Charges Scheme provides relief from supply charges on electricity accounts that are used to pump water for farm or irrigation purposes.
Financial assistance is available in drought declared areas or if your property has been drought declared.
You can apply for a waiver or reimbursement of supply charges on all relevant electricity accounts.
The following applies to customers of an electricity retail entity other than Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd. To be eligible for reimbursement under the scheme an applicant must:
- be a farmer of a property that has been individually drought declared or is within a drought declared area
- be experiencing disruptions to pumping water for farming or irrigation (i.e. have no water or water availability is severely restricted within the billing period)
- agree to the terms and conditions of the form. and
- submit a completed Drought relief from electricity charges application form online.
Reimbursement of supply charges
An eligible customer is entitled to the reimbursement of the following supply charge components of their electricity account, excluding minimum demand charges.
- supply charges for tariffs used for pumping water
- service fees
- minimum payments.
Eligible customers using tariffs other than Tariff 62, Tariff 65 and Tariff 66, must provide a statutory declaration stating that the connection is being used primarily for pumping water for farm or irrigation purposes.
Provided the drought declaration remains operative, the reimbursement applies to all eligible supply charge components applicable to any account used for pumping water for farm or irrigation purposes. The reimbursement continues to apply until the drought declaration is revoked.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions which apply to the Drought Relief from Electricity Charges Scheme are on the application form. Read carefully to check your eligibility before submitting your application form.
You will be emailed if your application was unsuccessful.
For enquiries about the scheme email [email protected], phone 13 43 87 or speak with OBT’s friendly team in Gatton on 5462 2277.
Source QLD Dept of Energy and Water Supply