After four years of keeping OBT’s clients organised and not falling foul of the ATO, we will be farewelling our Client Accounting Support whiz Marilyn Keating on 14 June as she heads off in her caravan to see what this wide brown land has to offer.
Stepping into Marilyn’s shoes will be a very familiar face to many OBT clients, our receptionist Debbie Robinson. Thankfully Debbie knows the ropes well and will be looking forward to keeping OBT’s clients organised, including:
- Liaising between OBT’s accountants and clients to obtain missing information
- Requesting extra information whenever that is required
- Being our first point of contact on newsletter queries that come by email
- Streamlining our productivity
- Organising our job book of work in and work out
- Lodging tax returns on time, and
- Keeping our work pipeline generally moving in the right direction
Debbie’s advice, as we approach the financial year-end, is to be organised sooner rather than later, “With the financial year-end only a matter of weeks away, now is the time to be thinking about planning, to make the most of the lead time, to maximise any opportunities and to iron out any potential issues that may arise.”
As for Marilyn who is keen to see a bit of the country and do some volunteering with organisations such as http://blazeaid.com.au/ whilst she’s at it, we wish her all the very best! Marilyn will be based at OBT until Friday 14 June so make sure you call or pop in to see her before she goes.