Choosing to give money to charities that you care about can be straightforward but, as there are several different ways you can give, it’s important to consider the following:
- When do you want to give? When you are alive, after you have died, or both?
- How much do you want to give?
- How much control do you want over how the funds are managed and granted?
- Are tax benefits something you need to consider?
- Do you want to leave a lasting legacy, which involves your partner, children and grandchildren?
Your answers to these questions will help you decide which of the different structures offers you the smartest way to give.
The options range from simple and quick to complex and long-lasting.
Here are some options:
If you need help to decide on the smartest way to give, please speak with your OBT Financial Advisor in Gatton on 5462 2277.
Source: Australian Executor Trustees